Handel is an entertainment and technology lawyer at TroyGould and a contributing editor at The Hollywood Reporter, where he has written about 1,300 articles on the guilds and other legal and business issues. He is also an adjunct professor at USC and Southwestern law schools and a research fellow at Rutgers University. Prior to law school, Handel was a computer scientist and was involved in local politics for a decade. The author of several books on entertainment labor, Handel has been interviewed and quoted in the media about 1,100 times on entertainment and technology law and business topics. He has been profiled several times, and was named by the Daily Journal as one of the top 100 lawyers in California in 2008 in recognition of his blogging coverage of the WGA strike. Handel is a graduate of Harvard College (applied math and computer science magna cum laude) and Harvard Law School (cum laude), and is a member of the Television Academy.
Content LA news
- Content LA moved to August 19
- Showtime, Blumhouse, Skydance and Gamechanger line up for Content LA
- Don’t forget to enter the US SERIES COPRO PITCH @ Content LA
- HBO & HBO Max’s Meredith Gertler to keynote at Content LA
- Enter the US SERIES COPRO PITCH @ Content LA
- Content LA set for May 15. Book your earlybird ticket now